Aptly Named

So.

In order to expand my knowledge about the whole mailart movement (movement sounds so formal and academic and goes so perfectly with the rest of this whine-fest) I have picked up reading a few random blogs.

(Okay, not so random...google reader really picked them out and they were near the top of the list with a number of followers. Did I ever explain how impulsive I can be?)

Here's the thing:
The pieces they have on the sites are much more professionally arty and infinitely cooler than mine. (Also fewer people obsessed by shiny objects.)  So colored me totally intimidated. I have been urged to mail something out and farther afield than those I know....

But I've always been a chicken at heart.

Inch by inch I'll get to the point where I can knowingly (not accidentally like I did with that first piece) send it to a stranger, until then I will keep looking around at these guys:

Mail Me Art: a British mailart project that was centered around creating the book "Medium without message".


Mail Art Postcard Exhibition: no central purpose just a place to mail pieces which may or may not show up on the blog.

Mail Art Projects: A large group of mailartists contribute to the blog which contains calls and a discussion group.

Anyways.
I need to produce a little more as yet....besides this is, after all, called Amateur Hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment