Snags and Cake

So,
I've hit a few snags. Things have gone wrong. Not hideously, dangerously or even illegallly wrong but as they say in Meet the Robinsons : I just don't know how well this plan was thought through...or something like that.

First, my attempt to create a night sky piece has produced a very boring postcard. A total snore. In addition the person to whom this card was going to has some background in graphics and it was doomed to ridicule either way. Ugly and unappealing are okay but boring is completely unacceptable.

Now I am focused on trying to fix it. Add more to the original piece? Try same ideal in different medium? I can't really decide...I think I keep looking at it from other people's perspectives.

I have a thing for the night sky, it's like the ocean (actually large bodies of water in general), I find it calming and soothing but so awesome (Lizzie, please note the appropriate use of the word awesome). Anyways.....

Lastly, naturally, Sleepless Night, Bedroom Ceiling has the wrong address on it. Let this be a lesson to all: update your address book regularly. On the other hand, I left a note via facebook for the receipent (MMC) which led to a briefish IM run in where I directed her to the blog and caught up on old times.

That conversation solidified something that has been rattling around in my head (enter tiny philosophical bit): Individuals create. Doesn't really matter what your primary interests are or what job you do, there is some little bit of your life in which you make something. Maybe others don't consider it intellectually challenging or interesting or artistic or original but there's a satisfaction to be found in the making of something physical that you share with others.

In my friend's case, sharing is the best part! It may be the only green food I would truly enjoy eating...

MMC's Ben 10 cake for Alexander

I like it! Mostly because I can't even get a nice swirly pattern when I frost a cake, let alone manage to frost a figure...

No comments:

Post a Comment