The Night Sky Incident

This is a case in which the receiver has no clue what's going on and since I've finally pronounced it finished then promptly mailed it off, my night sky piece is fit to be posted.

The first mention of this piece appeared in Snags and Cake, followed by another bit in Brain Drain (which you can go read or stay tuned because both pretty much dealt with the same problem -- I can be boringly fixated on subjects). The first time I stepped away from this creation, it was beyond obvious that it was boring as all hell. Thus generating two posts in which I chew to death my frustration over what to do to fix the complete snore fest that was my night sky piece (strangely enough night sky isn't the title but then again the person who receives this should get the point).

Anyways, in the end I added more "stars" and called it a day. I like it (not as much as googly eye Paranoia) but it has its place: a perfectly predictable melding of black, blue, red pastels with white pastel "stars" then glossied up with fixative (the glossy kind). Admittedly I may have over sprayed this piece with fixative but it ended up adding some character (and I survived the fumes!) so it's all good.

So this is Walk?.



It's simple and direct: one hopes the receiver of said piece doesn't completely trash it...and that they get it.

One of the best parts of living in the rural mountains of NC is the number of stars I can see on a clear night. Totally beats out Syracuse...so I win right?

No comments:

Post a Comment