Patchwork

Months back my mother came to visit (I blamed her for not posting during that period, which obviously was not so...as my laziness is a documented fact at this point). She left me with towels to wash and fabric scraps. I have a sewing machine (although I managed to bust it in one use...don't worry I won't build the suspense, mother fixed it on the next visit) and I've played around (in my head) with sewing scraps together and creating a patchwork piece for mailing...

And then I thought: Sewing takes too long. (Told you, my laziness is completely documented.)

So I turned to the ever powerful and awesome (as in awe inspiring -- not an '80's Dude. Awesome. Which really is the same kind of meaning but apparently one of my mental differentiations. Well hello stream of conscious, where have you been?) turbo tacky glue!

That's how I ended up with Sophie's Picnic:



With the exception of the glittery (shiny) flowers and frogs scrap book stickers, it's all fabric: ribbon, cloth and more ribbon. It's like a continuation of cutting out elements on ribbons to build something as I did with the Modern Pastoral. It remained unifinished because I couldn't stop thinking that something was missing-- hence the frogs and flowers.

Which kind of took a sweet but interesting little collage all the way to a tooth ache of cuteness and light.

So I sent it to my neice. She's adorable and almost four, and will hopefully like the visual candy (well, visual candy for a four year old).

No comments:

Post a Comment