You were here...

As part of my job I do about four bookmarks a month, sometimes more for special events (or just because a certain event such as one on stories as a tool of community preservation should NOT be placed on the other side of the bookmark I call "Hungry Kitten").

Occasionally, I actually proud of the work. (A lot of them are just cropped pictures that are PRET-TY.) And yes, I use clip art . The really fun ones are my black and whites (BW's): while we have white cover stock that handles color photo quality pieces well, my boss invested in these electric (bright, bright, bright!) colors of card stock which are just plain old fun. I suppose I can be less simplistic and do something with color ink on them but with my laziness guiding me, I just design everything around black print. (Less thinking is always good for me.)

The other thing is, I make sure at least half of what I do isn't overly feminine, hence the Lizards:


(I don't think I will do anything like this again....it took hours and I still see areas that don't look right because I can't crop at an angle....)

Anyways, that is all SOP for me and lately between making promo stuff for summer events, fall events and my computer classes I have been a little burned out. Which is probably why this month's BW's are a little off kilter: each one is kind of a mini-story...

Fish Friends

Hungry Kitten
 As head tilting as they may be, I absolutely adore them...I haven't liked anything so much since the lizards. It's kind of annoying really...I like them so much I show my co-workers and say "Isn't it cool? Aren't I fabulous?"

Total geek-out.

No comments:

Post a Comment