Lazy, Lazy Girl

Where to start?

I am shocked, and appalled that my last post was probably a year ago...considering it was about the neat Christmas gift my brother gave me and here we are, another Christmas passed.

Either way I finally finished a piece for said brother and it will be going out in the mail soon...and it will but I decided to post early.

LG Words

End Scene


It's pretty plain but I saw a picture in an old Smithsonian Magazine and so I decided to do a baseball, well, Yankees, based piece and naturally if that was so, it was going to NYC brother...

It's Lou Gehrig's speech on the day he retired. He is my favorite Yankee partly because of this speech...
 What took so long with this piece was the repeated application of medium to trap all those little cut up lines on the page...also the back started out as a totally separate piece and I had to also make sure they stayed together. Glue stick would not be enough.

I was happy with the turn out even if it is not nearly as flashy as what I sent NYC brother's girlfriend. Heh.

No comments:

Post a Comment