Un'aranciata..

Picture it, Sicily...well, Bologna, late August in 1999. It was my second day (or so, ah...memories) in Italy and I had finally done the mental math to realize that Bologna was sharing some latitude with Southeastern PA which meant heat, heat, heat and humidity. The ice fey that is my soul was melting in despair. And Then, then then...I had my first aranciata and I was in love.

I know it's basically orange soda but its so much better than the neon glowing orange stuff we swill in the states (to be honest, I like American orange soda as well...the heart is fickle). So upon my return several months later, depression and a longing for cafe macchiato, latte macchiato and aranciata set in....

Fast forward and San Pellegrino Aranciata is available in most grocery stores and generate great collage material:

L'aranciata
 Six pack cans come with these foil coverings on the top which I naturally ripped off in one piece and used to build this! If any previous post spoke of an ongoing project, this is it....There was a lot of time spent getting it to be flat again. Oh gel medium, how I love thee.

Anyways, back to that craving: I was lucky and a friend of mine found it at the Dean & De Luca's  in her hometown. Naturally when I finished this, I sent it to her.

Here's to you, Sailor Rosner....

No comments:

Post a Comment